- What kind of interactive projects can you test?
- Web sites, mobile-optimized web sites, desktop and web-based video games, as well as desktop, web and mobile applications.
- How exactly does the process work?
- When a client submits at test request, it is first dispatched to our internal team. If none of us are available to accept the mandate, a short email with only the minimum relevant information is dispatched to our network of qualified freelance testers who meet the criteria for the particular type of test needed.
The first tester who accepts the project and commits to its deadline is awarded the mandate. The detailed information is then made available to him and he may begin the tests. Bugs are entered in the bug base of the client’s choice, and once the tests are completed, a report is sent to the client and his team members.
- How can I be sure my project will remain confidential?
- The details of your project are only shared with 1 person – the tester who is assigned your project. Our testers must obey a strict guide of conduct which includes measures to protect the confidentiality of your projects. Since any misbehavior on their part reflects on us, they are advised that we will not tolerate any mishap, and that we will enable you to pursue your own remedies should any breach happen. That being said, first and foremost, we employ testers who are aware of the importance of confidentiality in their field and value their reputation in the industry.
- What are your business hours?
- Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time. We have testers available around the clock and your tests can be conducted outside of these hours, however an additional fee applies.
- How many hours of testing are required to test thoroughly a project?
- There is no easy answer to this question. It depends on the complexity of your project and the state that it currently is in. Typically, one to two hours is too short to get results. However, if this is the third, fourth, or fifth round of testing, and you’re just hoping to validate that a few pending issues have been fixed properly, it may be enough. Typically, the younger your project, the more testing hours are required. The type of project is also an important factor – as you’ll need a lot more testing hours for a video game than you would for a text-based mobile application, for instance. Don’t be afraid to send an short request initially (3 or 4 hours) and the results will speak for themselves.
- How does the “best-in-class” guarantee work?
- You’ll find this information over on our Rates & Guarantee page.
- Who are your testers?
- The testers who are assigned to your projects are experienced quality assurance professionals with verified references who have aced an entry test. Some are permanent team members, some are independent contractors, all located primarily in or around montreal, canada. We intend to expand our operations to other locations – stay tuned.
Testers are offered projects that correspond to their professional experience and demonstrated abilities. They are expected to be fully proficient in the language(s) of their tests. They are not required to possess knowledge of programming.
- Can you create a test plan for my interactive project?
- Yes! Please contact us directly for a quote.
- Can I hire a tester to be a full-time employee at my company?
- Our testers are our life blood. They enable us to offer this great service that our clients appreciate so much. Don’t poach our testers.
- Can I request a specific tester for my tests?
- This is one of the many features we are looking to implement in the future. We would love to get your feedback as to what other features would be useful to you. We are constantly developing our platform and our client’s feature requests are treated as #1 priority.
- How can I apply to become a tester with QAonRequest?
- Click on Careers at the bottom of this website.
- As a Tester, how can I increase the number of testing opportunities that I receive?
- The more platforms you have available at your disposal, the more opportunities you will be able to accept. Consider buying an iPod Touch to start testing some cool iPhone apps!